FAQ Shipping & Return Policy Tab
Q: How quickly can I get my cake?
A: Cakes are freshly made as they are ordered. The baking to shipping process takes 48 hours from the time you place your order. Please consider this time frame when placing your order. Any special needs you may have should be addressed with Ms. Merl via email.
Q: Are your products safe for those with nut/dairy/gluten/other allergies?
A: All of JBC’s products contain dairy. If you would like a list of ingredients or have any questions regarding allergies, please contact us prior to ordering. Although altering the ingredients may change the taste of our delicious products, Ms. Merl can leave out any ingredient you know you are allergic to.
Q: How long do your products keep for? Do they need to be refrigerated?
A: Our Jamaican black cake can be kept for 2-4 months at room temperature, out of direct sunlight. Refrigeration is not required. Some people do prefer Ms. Merl’s Jamaican Black Cake cold, and refrigeration will not affect the delicious taste of our products. If freezing, be sure to let the cake thaw at room temperature before eating!
Q: Can you accommodate my order last minute?
A: We may be able to accommodate your order last minute depending on location. Generally Ms. Merl needs 48 hours to fulfill the order and ship. Please email Ms. Merl as soon as possible for last minute orders and we will see what she can do, but there is no guarantee.
Q: Do you provide the Jamaican Black Cake as a wedding cake?
A: Yes! Please email Ms. Merl to discuss pricing and whether you want round cakes or sheet cakes. Ms. Merl will work very closely with you to enhance your special day with her tasteful wedding cake.
Q: Do you have other types of cakes or just Jamaican Black Cake?
A: Yes! Ms. Merl offers Rum Cake, Rum Cupcakes, Vanilla Cream Cheese Pound Cake and Jamaican Sweet Potato Puddings.
Q: Do you have a retail store where I can walk in and purchase a cake on the spot?
A: No, we are an online only shop which specializes in Caribbean cakes, Rum Cakes, Rum Cupcakes & Black Cake in particular. If you are in the Orlando/Central Florida area, Ms. Merl can deliver to you locally.
Q: What methods of payment do you accept?
A: We accept payments online using your Credit Card (Visa and MasterCard). We also use PayPal to process orders.
Ms. Merl’s on Shipping.
- Ms. Merl takes pride in shipping her Jamaican Black Cake to you personally.
- She takes care in packaging your cakes in a manner that ensures her Caribbean Cakes reach you in perfect shape.
- Your Jamaican Black Cake will be wrapped in cellophane and then placed in one of her holiday tins.
- Ms. Merl ships all of her cakes fresh to your doorstep.
Place Your Cake Orders Any Time of the Year!
Due to the overwhelming amount of orders placed in December, we suggest ordering your holiday Jamaican Black Cakes as early as possible.
With an enormous amount of packages that are delivered during the holiday season, most of the larger shipping companies cannot guarantee on time delivery for ground shipments from December 12th-December 24th.
Please place your orders in November and December with this in mind.
If you are ordering last minute, please send us an email prior to checking out.
- Our cakes are not returnable or refundable.
- Orders are shipped out of Orlando, Florida.
- Shipping charges are based on total shipping weight and destination zip code.
- We Do Not ship to P.O. Boxes, APO or FPO addresses.
- Be advised that it is the customer’s responsibility to inform the carrier of any damage to theoutside of the package BEFORE you open it. After which you should notify us of any damaged cakes. Please remember that claims made more than a few days after you receive your order are difficult to resolve.
- Refunds cannot be given for shipments once it leaves our facility.